Date: Sunday 20 August, 2017, 10:00 - 15:00
Join us for a pirate-themed family fun ride to celebrate the new Brean Down Way cycle route opening.
The mass participation family cycle ride has registration between 10 – 11 am in Uphill Wharf and finishes with free activities on Brean Beach .
Bring a picnic for enjoying on the beach at Brean and your best pirate costume!
Book your place
Visit Eventbrite free registration page. Those who register before the event will be entered into a free prize draw to win prizes including a free family Adventure Golf Pass to Pirate Adventureland, Weston-super-Mare.
On the day
- All riders must start by 11am.
- Please bring a picnic and bike lock.
- Parking available at Uphill beach.
- Please remember that the ride isn’t a race, cyclists are encouraged to take the route at their own pace and look out for each other.
- Check-in opens opposite Uphill Cafe.
- Plan your journey to Uphill, Weston-super-Mare at www.travelwest.info/jp
- There will be an opportunity to speak to the Travelwest team.
- A Dr Bike mechanic will be available to check bikes.
- Children will be provided with a treasure map to follow with stickers to collect along the route.
- Last opportunity to ride.
- Approximate arrival at Brean Village Hall and Brean Beach.
Brean Village Hall
- Refreshments available provided by Gorgons Carnival Club.
- Limited cycle parking available at Brean Village Hall.
- Dr Bike (bike mechanic) will be available to fix bikes.
Brean Beach – as we have booked a sunny day!
- Find the Pirate Galleon and join us for a picnic.
- Show your completed treasure map to claim a prize.
- Join in with activities including building the Pirate Galleon, Flag Printing, Tug of War and Crazy Bikes provided by APE Project.
- Leave time for those wishing to cycle back as a group to Uphill. The gates will be marshalled until 3.30pm
Terms & Conditions
Click the link for more info about the event.
Download the poster and help promote the event.