Left your pump behind? Don’t worry… you can top-up your tyres at any of the FREE public bike pumps located around the Greater Bristol area.
Check out the map below to find the pumps closest to your regular routes.
About the pumps
- They’re permanent fixtures, bolted to the ground
- They’re FREE and very easy to use
- They work with both sizes of tyre valve
- There’s a handy gauge to check tyre pressures
Why tyre pressure is important
- It affects grip, comfort, safety and performance
- Inflate to the recommended pressure (PSI) shown on the side of the tyre
- Under-inflated tyres make your bike feel sluggish, it’s much harder work to pedal, tyres wear out more quickly and you increase your chances of getting a puncture
- Over-inflated tyres are not so safe, your grip on the road is reduced and the ride becomes uncomfortable
- It’s always best to check your pressure before you set out
Pump not working properly?
Please let us know as soon as possible, so we can get it fixed. Don’t forget to include its location!
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Message us on Facebook or Twitter
- Tell the local business responsible for its maintenance (details on the map below)
Find your closest pump location
Free public bike pumps are maintained by local businesses and funded by the Local Sustainable Transport Fund, as part of a project to make Greater Bristol a cycle-friendly city and improve safety for cyclists. Other cities that have installed free cycle pumps include London, Sydney, Vancouver, Copenhagen and Nantes.