This session is for beginners, children and adults who are learning to ride independently.
All ages are welcome as it’s never too late to learn. It can also be a great opportunity for parents and children to learn about the joy of cycling together.
About the session
- This is the second step in ‘Your Cycling Journey’, after Bikeability Balance, to get started with pedalling on two wheels.
- This course is run over 2 session that are 45 minutes on consecutive weeks.
- Our Learn to Ride session is for children or adults of any age and their parents/carers/guardians to learn about two wheel cycling.
- Children learn to ride without stabilisers, taking your first pedal stroke to confidently pedalling short distances.
- Parents/carers/guardians support riders with instruction from our Bikeability team.
- Once new riders can pedal independently and complete a lap of our track, we recommend attending our Learn to Ride Next Steps course to develop further skills such as starting and stopping, steering, signalling and gears, etc.
- If you are a family with mixed ability cyclists, the track is reserved for learners but other family members are welcome to cycle sensibly around the site (we cannot supervise this and you accept responsibility for your child).
- Everyone has a different experience when learning to ride, some will take to it quickly and some will take a few sessions to find their wheels.
How to book
To register your interest in an upcoming cycle training session, click on the ‘Register your interest’ button below. This will link to our SurveyMonkey form to take your details.
Your booking will only be confirmed once you have received an e-mail from us, which can take up to 2 days.
Learn to RideEvent starting on 10th December 2022 at 1:15pm until 2:00pm Learn to ride
Learn to RideEvent starting on 11th December 2022 at 1:15pm until 2:00pm Learn to ride
Learn to RideEvent starting on 17th December 2022 at 1:15pm until 2:00pm Learn to ride