Cycle September is the global bike riding event of the year, bringing together riders of every level to promote the benefits of bicycles.
The campaign is a great way to engage communities, businesses and individuals in a fun challenge that will help them meet their health, wellness, and sustainability goals.
The aim of the month is simple; to get more people riding bikes. It’s not about riding the most miles, it’s about encouraging others to join in, helping their workplace climb up the leaderboards, and riding for health, happiness and fun.
In addition to our highly targeted communications, we also have dedicated webinars, Quick Courses and Badges to maximise engagement and behaviour change outcomes for Cycle September 2022.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Everyone is invited – from regular riders to people who haven’t been on a bike in years (or ever!)
- Individuals only have to ride for ten minutes to go into the prize draws and help their workplace climb the leaderboard (long enough to experience the joy of riding a bike and overcome some mental barriers to riding, and short enough to be an easy first step to taking up riding)
- You can ride anywhere any time – it doesn’t have to be a commute to work, any bike ride counts
- Earn points by riding and encouraging others – the workplaces that earn the most points in September will win in their industry and size categories to help keep things fair
- Share the love – encouragement is at the core of Cycle September, and we want people to invite their co-workers, friends, and family to take part
- There are over 700 prizes to be won by participating and encouraging others to discover or rediscover riding
- Cycle September is based on a tried and tested model – we’ve engaged over 625,000 people worldwide, including over 146,000 new riders who report having never ridden a bike or only ridden a few times in the last year
How will local businesses benefit?
Cycle September is a simple, effective and fun way for businesses to meet their health, wellness and sustainability goals. In addition, employees will enjoy a fun challenge while creating stronger bonds with their co-workers.
Here are all the ways a business can benefit from taking part in Cycle September.
How does the scoring work?
- Workplaces compete against others of a similar size to earn the most points
- Riders earn points for their workplace to help them climb the leaderboards
- Points are earned for every mile and day they ride and every person they encourage to take part
- All rides earn points; for fun, fitness, to work, to the store or just for 10 minutes around a local park
- Every person who logs a ride will be entered into the draw for amazing prizes
- 1 point = 1 prize entry. The more points you earn the greater your chances are of winning prizes.
How to register
To get involved, register with Love to Ride.