Image: Rod Ormston 2013
This virtually flat path connects Bath to the Midford Valley, following the track-bed of the former Somerset and Dorset Railway.
- It incorporates the Devonshire Tunnel and Combe Down Tunnel the longest walking and cycling tunnel in Britain.
- Feature an interactive light and sound installation.
- The route links with the Colliers Way at Midford to Wellow, Radstock and Frome in the south, the Bristol to Bath Railway Path in the West, and the Kennet and Avon canal path east to Bradford-on-Avon and Devizes.
- This new route, opened in April 2013, is just part of the Sustrans’ UK-wide project to extend the National Cycle Network into the heart of thousands of communities across the UK.
- For more info, visit www.twotunnels.org.uk
For Two Tunnels skip to 0.40sec