1 - 1.5 hours
Enjoy a scenic traffic-free ride around the historic Bristol harbour.
- Start the Harbourside loop at Queen Square
- Millennium Square is built on the site of former dockside warehouses. It’s worth investigating to see how many statues you can find!
- The engineering heritage in this part of the city is immense. You cross over the original dock gates here before Brunel made them wider a little further out and the Pumphouse pub was the home of the original mechanism to open and close the dock gates.
- The Great Western Dockyard where the SS Great Britain now sits was where it was originally launched from in 1843. It returned home in 1970 after sitting derelict in the Falkland Islands for many decades.
- The new museum, M Shed, is sited on the former Industrial Museum which itself was the site of former dock warehouses.