As of April 2020, we continue to offer our free loan bike scheme.
As a result of the pandemic, we are prioritising key workers at this time. With improved terms, such as extending the loan for up to 3 months, we wanted to make it even easier to cycle now whilst the roads are quiet.
So if you are a key worker and would like to get back on a bike for fitness, leisure, or an easy and stress-free way to get to work, then why not give our Loan Bike scheme a try.
Can I get a loan bike?
If you are a Key Worker – please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch soon.
General public – Thank you for understanding. If you are interested in a loan bike, please complete the form below and we’ll be in contact once we start offering bikes to the general public again.
About the loan bike scheme
The Loan Bikes scheme is different from a daily Bike Hire as our quality bikes can be borrowed for several months, absolutely FREE of charge. Cycling is a great way to boost your confidence and discover if cycling is right for you before investing in a new bike! Since April 2019, we’ve leant our bikes to 800 people across the West of England region.
Types of bikes (Subject to Availability)
- Hybrid bikes – for city commuting and leisure cycling
- Folding bikes – lightweight and easy to store
- Electric bikes – great for helping you get up those steep hills!
How to book
To find out more about the Loan Bike Scheme call us on 0117 352 1105 or clicks the link below.
If you live or work in Bristol, North Somerset or South Glos
Please note: we are prioritising Key Workers for our loan bike scheme during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you live or work in Bath & NE Somerset
We are sorry. The B&NES public loan bike scheme is temporarily suspended for new bookings during the pandemic. Instead, our fleet of bikes is being made available via employers to key-workers in the NHS and elsewhere to help them access their workplace.
If you are a key worker whose travel has become difficult and would like to use one of our bikes, please contact your employer and ask them to email email@example.com
For all other users, please check back from time to time to see if the public loan bike scheme has reopened.
Areas and conditions to borrowing a bike
** Please note the conditions of borrowing a bike has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Details will be provided once we get in touch. **
|Bath & North East Somerset||16 yrs||FREE||Key Workers only|
|Bristol||18 yrs||FREE||1 month on hybrid/folding bikes. 2 weeks on electric bike||£100 deposit for hybrid/folding.
£250 deposit for electric bike.
|South Glos||18 yrs||FREE||1 month on hybrid/folding bikes. 2 weeks on electric bike||£100 deposit for hybrid/folding.
£250 deposit for electric bike.
|North Som||18 yrs||FREE||2-4 weeks on all bikes||£50 for all bikes|
Terms and conditions
- Available to keyworkers living, working or studying in the Bristol City, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset Council local authority areas only.
- Terms and conditions vary slightly by local authority area.
- A deposit is sometimes required and repaid on the return of bike and accessories.
- Due to high demand, the correct sized bike may not always be available at the time you want it. If so, we will contact you as soon as a suitable bike is available.
- More info will be provided on receipt of your application.
Watch our video
More offers for Key Workers
Sustrans has launched an interactive map for key workers, which shows offers and discounts that they’re able to access at bike shops, to help keep them moving at the moment.
- offers on cycles and equipment
- free and discounted repair and maintenance services
- free and discounted bike-sharing schemes
- bike stores that remain open in a key worker’s local area.