Better By Bike and Travelwest have recently purchased a new fleet of e-bikes ready to loan to people living, working or studying in Bristol. This is a great opportunity to borrow before you decide to purchase a new bike.
If you are interested in cycling but don’t have a bike, or think it’s too far to travel, then the local authority funded Loan Bike Scheme can help.
Since April 2021 we’ve loan bikes to over 250+ number of people, including key workers during COVID and given cycle training to over 160 people.
How it works
- The loan of an e-bike is for two weeks. Longer periods available for regular hybrid, folding bike.
- Bikes comes fully equipped with a pannier, front light, back light, D-Lock, wraparound lock and pump.
- Bikes need to be collected from the Create Centre, Smeaton Road, Hotwells, BS1 6XN, Monday to Friday. Please book a pick-up appointment only during normal office hours. [LINK TO CREATE CENTRE]
- If you would also like some basic training to help boost your confidence, we can offer one to one training sessions with a qualified instructor, or a one off accompanied ride and route plan with a bike buddy.
Due to the popularity of the scheme, if we are unable to fulfil your request, we may offer you a variety of alternate bikes for you to borrow
Types of bikes
- Converted e-Bikes – thinking of making your bike electric? We have partnered with Bristol based company Revolution Works to bring you converted Treks, Mongoose, Bristol Bikes, Ridgebacks. Sizes 16″-21″.
- Regular e-Bikes – Need some help up the hills? An ebike is a great way to get around with a little assistance and makes longer journeys more comfortable.
- Foldable bicycles – Need to take a bike on a train or inside your house / office? This bike conveniently folds down allowing you to carry onboard a train or store at your home or workplace
- Hybrid bicycles – A regular bike suitable for traveling around. These are lighter than ebikes and gives you more flexibility to ride where you want. These bikes have a reduced deposit to pay and you can borrow for a longer period.
To register your interest
All bicycles are regularly serviced by a qualifies mechanic.
You’ll need to bring the following to your appointment:
Simply complete the online booking form below and we’ll get in touch as soon as possible to reserve a bike and to arrange pick-up.
- A form of photo ID, such as a passport or a driving licence
- A deposit of £250 is required for electric bikes- this can be paid in the form of a cheque, or in cash, or by card.