COVID 19 Update
We are now open. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are limiting the number of people that can participate in our cycle session to allow for safe and socially distanced cycling.
Therefore, you will also need to complete an online booking form before you attend to help us manage these sessions. This will help us to deliver cycle training sessions that will be fun and safe for everyone.
We require customers to:
- Book in advance
- Pay on arrival – by card or cash – correct change, please!
- For Bikeability Level 2 courses – we will ring you to take advanced payment over the phone
- Respect social distancing of 2 metres
- Wash / sanitise your hands on arrival
- Please note: our cycle instructors will not be able to provide hands-on tuition. Parents /carers will be required to physically support riders
- We are unable to provide helmets at this time
For more info visit our Facebook page.
The Bristol Family Cycling Centre opened in Spring 2016, on the site of the former Whitchurch athletics track in Hengrove.
Since then we’ve built a cycle skills training facility, helping people of all ages and abilities to learn to ride a bike in a safe, traffic-free environment, to encourage regular everyday cycling, to improve riders confidence, health and fitness.
- Regular Learn to Ride, Open and Disability sessions
- Bikeability training
- Children’s cycle coaching and skills sessions
- Bike maintenance sessions
- Volunteering and work placement opportunities
- Changing Places toilet facilities
How to find us
Bristol Family Cycling Centre, Old Whitchurch Athletics Track, Bamfield, Bristol, BS14 0XA
Entrance via the car park adjacent to Action Indoor Sports.
Upcoming sessions and bookings
We are running limited sessions over the next few weeks. To view our timetable of sessions and to book, click the link below.
Frequently asked questions
We hope you’ll find the answers to our most frequently asked questions here. If not, feel free to get in touch.
A session run in partnership with Bristol Bike Project where students learn cycling techniques and develop bike maintenance skills in a supportive, small group.
Bristol Family Cycling Centre reopening soon with limited socially distance cycling sessions
However, over the summer they have been working on plans for a safe and socially distant phased re-opening. Therefore, from Tuesday 28 July customers will …Read more
You can also reach us via 01275 832800 (Mon- Sat, 10am-4pm), or send us an email to get in touch.
Sign up to the Bristol Family Cycling Centre newsletter.
Keep up to date with upcoming sessions and half-term events.